View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,760

Welcome to the forum!

In regards to your issue, you need to level with the parents and simply tell them you are unable to meet their child's needs. He needs one adult to provide care for him and if the parents aren't going to help him learn to self soothe and play unassisted by you, then you really can't do much for him either.

You are right it is unfair to him, you and all the other kids to have to deal with his crying. You cannot realistically hold him all day while caring for other children.

They really can't bad mouth you for looking out for their child's best interests and being honest about what he needs.

Good luck.... I do suggest doing a bit of reading on this forum and see how others handle terming families, difficult or high needs children. I am sure you will be able to find a wealth of information and some very good advice.
Reply With Quote