View Single Post
mountainside13 05:53 AM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Meeko:
It is possible to share space and still keep your "home".

My downstairs (walkout basement) is almost exclusively daycare space. However, my family room is where the entrance is and so that particular room does double duty. We decorated in a way that it doesn't look too "kid zone", unlike the rest of the daycare which is designed just for kids.

The cubbies in the photo are for the kids coats, blankets, change of clothing etc. All their clutter stays hidden. Under the bench are bins for shoes. Sign in area is on top of the bookshelves by the door. My bulletin board is more "country" style than office style.

The lateral file ("family" sign is on top of it) hides all my pre-school files etc and looks like a piece of furniture. I prefer it to office file cabinets.

Between the couches is a large wicker ottoman which holds "special" toys that only come out every now and then.

The coffee table is large and heavy duty. I whip off the decor and they play legos etc on it. It has two huge drawers in it that hide a ton.

The couches have skirts. Under the skirts are board games etc.

Just look for hidden space or things that will serve double duty.
Aw! I love your space !!!!

I currently have the finished basement just for daycare. The kids don't bring the toys upstairs. The only time we are upstairs is to eat, drop off and pick up. I'm a lot happier not having to look at daycare stuff all the time!