Thread: Feeling Bad....
View Single Post
Sugar Magnolia 11:33 AM 10-07-2011
We had a little guy leave our center two weeks ago. It was because of money. Mom wrote me her 3rd bad check. She did make good on it, but pulled her son out because I told her she would have to pay in cash now. She was also constantly asking me to hold her checks as well. She said she can no longer afford me anyways, and was taking him somewhere cheaper. (Its a whole $15 a week cheaper). Turns out she is taking him to the big center across the street from us. This is NOT a nice center. Big, dirty, lots of staff turnover, lots of blemishes on their record. Its a TOUGH group of kids there too (mostly low income state funded). This is the little guy who some may remember had an issue with wearing a pink dress all day, every day until I removed the dress. He always says he's a girl, will be a girl when he grows up, obsessed with pink and dolls and makeup and nail polish. I feared he was going to get eaten alive over there, and he is. Mom stopped by today to see if I still had a spot for him because he's getting severely picked on and "beat up". I do not have a spot, I filled it. But I told her I'd let her know if something came available. She asked if I would take her checks again, and I said no. She left dejected and this made me feel like its somehow my fault she wrote bad checks. I already let her get away without giving two weeks notice. Should I let my sympathy for this boy overtake her previous bout of rubber checks? My gut says no. But I feel bad for the kid.