View Single Post
momofboys 06:45 AM 04-30-2011
I accepted a PT nanny job this fall which will mean my older boys will need to go to a provider's home a few mornings a week (sort of sad but am okay with it, it's only about 4-5 hrs total a week). I have 3 interviews set up for next week. What all would you ask? Here's what I plan to ask. Please help me out if I seem to be missing something:

1) Does anyone smoke in your home or smoke at all (even if outdoors). We have one child with seasonal isssues with asthma
2) Are there any guns in your home?
3) What will children do/have access to play with prior to getting on the bus in the morning?
4) How would you like to be paid (cash/check)?
5) What are your fees to hold a spot?
6) Would I need to pay over Christmas break/Summer break (won't need care then but am fine with payng a small fee although I may not be paid for my job but I will get a bonus although I don't know how much it will be)?
7) How much would you charge for school delay days or cancellation days if I need care then?
8) Do you have references I can call?

Thank you for any input/advice you can offer. I am excited about meeting with one of the families b/c my son is friends with one
of her sons (although we have never had playdates, etc). One of the providers I am meeting with is newer & only has an 18-month old son which is fine but I am concerned that she won't have anything for my boys to do (only toddler toys?).