View Single Post
Unregistered 05:35 AM 07-14-2011
The second visit went much better. I got a much better vibe there. I don't know how to describe it. It was a very inviting environment and I instantly got a good feeling from the provider and her family. This one does have a more structured day and a curriculum for the older kids. She said the TV is usually on for a little while in the morning during arrival time to keep her own son occupied (she admitted it was a bad habit), but after that it is turned off. They had a neat outdoor play area. Interestingly, my daughter seemed to feel right at home there, too. She got right down on the floor and started playing with a neat toy. At the other one we visited, we tried to put her down to play but she wanted to cling to us. It could have just been that she was in a different mood, of course. I'm an idiot and forgot to ask about the daily reports but it's pretty low on my list of priorities right now so I'm not worried about it. I've read through her policies and contract and everything looks good. Now we just have to make a decision. There's so much uncertainty regarding whether our center is actually closing or not. We hate to pull her and then have it stay open, but at the same time we don't want to wait around too long and then miss a chance at getting into this daycare. I feel like we're between a rock and a hard place. I'd go with my gut, but it's pulling me in two different directions!