View Single Post
Sugar Magnolia 11:30 AM 07-25-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Ok so I guess I wad not clear about asking my question. With this policy what problems do you face? Do the parents ever try to challenge you saying their child is not sick?
"Dope and run" the #1 issue. Yes, they challenge. They will say things like "I'm gonna get fired if I call off" or "I don't get paid if I don't work and then I won't be able to pay you" or some other lame statement that tries to turn THEIR sick child into YOUR problem, complete with guilt trip. I had a DCM say once "well will you get on the phone with my boss and YOU tell him." Nope. Fight your own battles, lady. I would have to say this is likely the #1 problem with otherwise cooperative parents. Sickness, masking sickness and guilt-tripping. I will say this, if I DO have to call a parent to pick up a sick child when they are at work, I WILL say something to the effect of "I need to speak to so and so right away. This is her child care provider and there is a 'health issue' and the parent needs to get to the phone right away. Unless the boss is a total jerk, NOBODY is gonna get fired. Its just a line of BS.