View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 12:15 PM 08-09-2011
The only suggestion that I can give you is to shadow, shadow, shadow. Do not let him out of your sight even for a second. Take him with you everywhere you go. It sounds crazy but I had a dcb that was like this and just about the same age. I had to put a back-pack harness on him and tether him to my belt-loop because he was so aggressive and destructive. Any time that he hit or tried to hit or when he threw something or did something really bad I would put him in it and he would be forced to sit with me. I would explain it as simple as I could. Then after a while I would remove the harness, explain to him that we are gentle and show him what a gentle touch is and let him play on his own, but I would continue to monitor him and shadow him.

It did eventually get better but it was a HUGE hassle. It took three weeks of tethering him to me to get him to stop and still another 2-3 weeks to get him to play nicely with the other kids. Good luck. A willfull child like this is extremely difficult and time consuming to deal with.