View Single Post
AllDeezBabies 08:56 PM 03-10-2012
First off, I'm sorry this has happened to you.

To the story, the grandmother should have fell way back with her reaction. The teacher doesn't have eyes in the back of her head. And we have to understand that children can be very sneaky when it comes to hitting. It sounds like the child took the opportunity to hit as soon as the teacher started tying the shoe.

The teacher is there for a reason, to be a mature mediator. Grandma should not be advising her grandchild, in front of a whole class, to hit another child back. Maybe if the grandmother waited just a second, the teacher would have done her job. I seriously doubt she would've let that incident go unnoticed. These excuses about how she is stuck in her ways and old school is nothing but excusing her behavior. I've seen the world change as well when it comes to child rearing, you adapt; PERIOD.

OP, please address this as soon as possible. You don't want your employees in a hostile work environment where they feel the children's family can say anything out of character and it's okay. You also don't want others to feel like they can undermine your employees at anytime.