View Single Post
frugalmama4 08:53 PM 04-17-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
Just not long ago this happened with me.

I can tell you, like other said, it's because you have not implemented your backbone and the parents are walking all over you.

I didn't term all of my parents, they all left when I started to put my foot down. AND I was ok with that. It was my fault and it was there fault too.

The I revamped my PHB, I studied it over and over and over. I learned about the "instant answer" (explain in a min) and I interviewed many families and chose the ones I thought would be the right fit.

I am very happy now. Yes, I do have to reinforce my policies all the time. But I don't have any problems doing it and the parents apologize when I have to remind them.

"instant answer" This is when DCM puts you on the spot and says Can I drop off at susie at 5am tomorrow morning instead of my normal time of 8am?

DO NOT FEEL the need to answer her right away. STOP and think about it. i have learned to say, Let me get back to you on that. Or let me look over my calendar and I will call you later. OR you can just count to ten in your head.

HOwever, just like everyone else on here said, you will be back in this same spot if YOU don't change. The new parents will also walk all over you.

PM me, I have a great letter that I use and I think it might be helpful to you.

Hang in there....practice your backbone..if they leave, you didn't want them there.

Daycare, pm me too pretty plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'm a copy-cat. Thx