View Single Post
momma2girls 01:10 PM 03-17-2010
Originally Posted by MissJulz:
I know this is a common post, however, my situation may differ ever so slightly. You see, I have an 8 month old in care who does not respond to the "cry it out" method. She will scream up to 2-3 hours (probably longer but I dare not try it for my own sanity), even in a playpen when it is nap time. She will eventually make herself sick from crying. I feed her, change her, and play with her to no avail. Yet, when I pick her up and literally within seconds, she is smiling. She will (on a very rare occasion) play if she is right next to me (usually with one hand on my leg). My back is killing me from carrying the child all the time and the other kids in my care are very concerned for her. Any other ideas besides the "cry it out" method. She has been in my care for 3 weeks now with very little improvement.
yes, this is not fun to deal with it's called seperation anxiety!! I have put them in pack and plays and let them cry it out, I did have a 2 week trial period for each of them that I had that were going thru this. WOW!!!! I even went for a month with one, because she only came 2 days a week. I had to let each of them go for my own sanity and the other children!!!