View Single Post
Kiki 07:00 AM 06-15-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
exactly!

unfortunately, there are a lot of providers that just let kids watch TV all day. I saw one on CL recently whose "playroom" was a GIANT TV, a couch and half a dozen toys. Thats it. no other toys, nothing on the walls, nothing.
Sadly this. Part of my day care area here is my families front room, but it's only used for nap time, dancing time, and sometimes the older kids will go down there during free play. I would never advertise it as a 'play room' though.

The mom could be unaware of everything the girl does in her current providers home, but, there is also that chance that she is just sitting around at the home all day. For her child's case, I sure hope not, to think of all the kids that are in a 'day care' but are really just sitting around watching TV all day makes me sad. I feel bad when we run out of time and aren't able to get some kind of an art project done for the day, I couldn't imagine what I would feel like if we sat around all day long.

To the point of the OP though-there are also those jerk parents out there that really do think we all just sit around during the day doing nothing but eating chocolate and enjoying the good life.