View Single Post
Unregistered 07:10 PM 07-02-2012
There is a high turnover at that tutor time because that company is the wrost company to work for ever. I did it twice (at 2 different locations) even though I promised myself I wouldn't after the first time. I have a degree and was only making 9/hr but there were peple there for 5 years making less. They pay next to nothing and have absurd policies and stretch the ratios to the max ( I live in florida imagine 22/2 ratio for 2 year olds or 30/2 for 3s) . We were told in a company training that if a parent has a concern about whether is is the right daycare for them we had to say yes and then tell the parent anything they wanted to hear. They take any child and keep that child so we ended up with all the children that got kicked out of the other centers in the area because the director gets in trouble if a child leaves. Not only that if a parents comes in for a tour and then do not sign up the corporate office calls them asks why and then we would get in trouble for not convincing the parent to register. Also the school has no discipline policy aside from saying "be nice to your friends here's a toy go play" they made us sign a paper saying that putting a child in time out was the same as tying them up in the sense that it restricts their movement. Then they fired all the cleaning people so that after a 9:30 to 6:30 shift all the closers had to stay after and scrub the toilets and clean the floors. And that's why they have such a high turn over.