View Single Post
Crystal 12:45 PM 08-20-2012
Originally Posted by Sprouts:
so if your children went to a childcare and you saw another baby there with a constant runny boogery face would u want ur child in a place like that?

I understand what you both are saying, and ive had her child here coughing and runny nose, i just have in my policy "persistent runny nose" to the point where i cannnot maintain a sanitary environment.

If she had a runny nose that needed to be wiped like every 10-15 minutes fine...but when its like every 5 minutes, and with a sneeze its a huge booger...that will be hard to keep sanitary
I may not like it, but I would understand. As a parent, I would know that it happens.

Ask mom to give her something to ease the runny nose. If she is hesitant to medicate, tell her to try a homeopathic remedy, and perhaps you can also do it at daycare. I would also be using the bulb syringe to clean out her nose frequently....that should limit the runny nose because you will get the majority of it out with the syringe. VICKS for babies under the nose works wonders as well!

Also, how mobile is the one year old? Is it possible to set up a play yard for just her to play in? Then you would really only need to sanitize the space she plays in and not the entire home? Also, considering you only care for one other child, it might be feasible to keep them separated anyway.