View Single Post
QualiTcare 07:32 AM 04-19-2010
Originally Posted by Daycare Mommy:
Okay. I don't even feel the need to respond to parts of this. Reread the above responses by me. I DO shake the poop into the toilet. I DO clean poo from child and floor, cot, etc. I DO NOT rinse or scrub stuck on poop from underwear. You have my reasoning in the above posts.

It seems you have a corner on the market in your area. We aren't all so fortunate. Degreed providers are more common here. We have at least 5 degreed home providers and I'm sure that there are more that I haven't heard about since not everyone brings their education up every chance they get. They charge at the top of the going rates I mentioned, $135. I'm not sure why they don't charge more. Perhaps it's too much competition or perhaps it's that they aren't in this for the money.
charging more doesn't mean you are "in it for the money." it's all about the market you're targeting. why keep 7 kids at $100 each when you can keep 4 kids for $175? sure, the economy is bad, but there are always people out there that have money to burn no matter how bad it gets for everyone else. if i could advertise for $175 and get customers - why wouldn't i charge that much?!

face it - everyone who keeps children does it for the money to some extent - otherwise, childcare would be FREE!