View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:01 PM 03-25-2013
Originally Posted by mbullette:
I honestly dont see what the big deal is. If you dont want them to have the sugar while in your care then send them home with each child. I am sorry but it honestly makes me so upset when people complain about Birthday treats. The kids have a Birthday once per year. Its their special day and they deserve to be happy and celebrate. Our kids are not allowed to be kids anymore and its just sad. The schools are taking everything away from them and they are not allowed to be kids. I understand everyone is trying to be healthy but come on.
I agree that kids only have one special day a year but unless the parent had the insight to take the day off and celebrate in whatever way they wished to with their child, then the child (family) needs to follow whatever the rules are for wherever they attend.

Call me mean, cold hearted or uncaring but as a child care provider adding an additional task of making sure a child has a wonderful and special birthday experience is really not part of the services I offer.

NO offense to those providers who do go out of their way to celebrate birthdays and such for their DCK's. I mean no disrespect. It simply is not something I do and it is well known BEFORE enrollment so I definitely don't feel as though I am shorting anyone of anything.