Thread: Still Biting
View Single Post
Familycare71 03:30 PM 07-30-2013
Originally Posted by Crystal:
Right now, she may not see it as neglect. Right now she MAY APPEAR to be okay with it, but how do you really know that? How do you know she isn't just agreeing to your face, but looking for care elsewhere? She may actually be okay with it right now, but what about the next time, and the next time, and the next time.............

I don't care. No amount of money would be worth it to me for other children to be getting bitten and possible putting my business and my professional reputation on the line as well.

Good luck.
I have to say in OP situation with the way the parents are dealing now I would do the same she is... I do think (some)people jump to term quickly. And to PP who said it shouldn't be about the $. It is. It's a business. The bitee isn't being neglected. The situation is being dealt with the best it can. Seems like bitees mom knows this and is trusting her provider- which says a ton.
No one has threatened or mentioned pulling their kid- if that happens I'm sure OP will make a choice.
She is asking HOW you deal with a biter that terming isn't an option. Nan you said you got "schooled" and haven't had biters again... What do you do to prevent it?
She NEEDS the income- not for her dinners out... To keep food on the table and a roof over her families head!
I have been there and hope it improves soon for you! I would give advice but haven't dealt w a biter in 20 yrs *knocks on wood!