View Single Post
melilley 10:15 AM 07-31-2013
I just wrote a thread on a dcm who thinks her children have everything under the sun and that one of my dcb's has strep so of course her child does too and I just rolled my eyes....well turns out he went to the doc's and does have it, oops but she said the doc said he barely has it. Either you do or don't.

BUT I actually used my backbone! Yesterday dad dropped off his 2 dcb's. About an hour later mom calls and tells me that she is picking up one dcb at 1 (this was around 9) to take him to the doc because she thought he may have strep. Of course I say ok and hang up. Then I thought about it-if she thinks he has it, he shouldn't be here! So I got up the nerve to call her and tell her this! FINALLY-I used my backbone! I had her come pick him up! Of course she stammered on about how he prob doesn't have it and she's probably being too paranoid, but nevertheless she came and got him. She was on the phone of course and I could hear her dramatically say that her day was crumbling around her and that she has to pick up L and drop off her friends child (she is a nanny for her while her kids come here) and that she couldn't go back to work and she has to take the camper in to blah, blah, blah! I think she wanted me to feel bad, but guess what...I didn't! And I also told her that her kids couldn't come back for 24 hours after the meds were started if he did have strep.

Then when she came to pick up the brother (I let him stay while she went to the doc, I know I should've sent him home too) she tells he has a touch of strep and that she just had them call in a prescription for the brother just in case, but then calls today and tells me that later last night she called her friend (who is a doctor) and had her call in a prescription for the brother and he got it at 11 so they will not be here today, but will return tomorrow. So she lied in the first place. Of course I didn't catch it until I hung up. Ughhhh.

Sorry I'm going on, the whole point is that I actually used my backbone, something I've been struggling to do! This mom really made me stop and think; I can't believe she would send him thinking that he may be sick! NOW I'm not going to be afraid to say things to parents!