View Single Post
QualiTcare 07:31 PM 08-15-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
True. But then it will become "oh, I have to run to the grocery store", "oh, I have to run this errand", etc. The next thing you know, the child is in care an extra 2 hours a day while mom runs around doing other stuff. It's a snowball effect. Then where do you draw the line? I only say this because I have seen it happen far too much and it is sad when it does happen.

Plus, if this mom was a subsidy recipient, the state (here in MI) wouldn't pay for child care while the mom is working out. I actually used DHS's guidelines in my daycare, but of course, that was pretty easy since most of my clients were subsidy recipients, so if DHS didn't pay for that time, they couldn't be there because the parents couldn't afford to pay for it themselves.
i dunno - using daycare to work out and to run errands are really different. i would leave my daughter in daycare to work out. have you ever tried lifting weights or being on a treadmill with a baby?

it's kinda like comparing going to the obgyn and using daycare to going to the grocery store.