View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 05:19 PM 09-17-2010
We have an almost 4 yr old in our care who is constantly whining or crying over the least little tiniest thing. It drives me insane! The constant tears.. for something as simple as someone brushing up against her she will turn on the fake cry (no tears, just the loud "cry" sound). "UUUUHHHH! _______ pushed me! UUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH!" And tattles over EVERYTHING! "_________ pinched me", "________ hit me", "_________ called me a baby". I'm talking as in all the time! She even turns on the "cry" when all the swings are taken, and she hasn't even bothered to ask if she can have a turn. She cries/whines, "UUHH_____ won't let me have his swing". Like I mentioned, a push to her is something as simple as someone brushing against her accidentally as they walk past. I know we have a couple kids who do push a lot, and one pinches when he gets exasperated, but who wouldn't with the "fire engine cry" going on every two seconds? What kid isn't going to call another one a baby when they cry that often? I've seen her kick out at some of them before, too, so it's not like she's completely innocent, usually, when she tattles on someone. Sometimes they retaliate when she does something to them. She loves coming to daycare, so why would she cry so often? It gets so old. Takes all the peace right out of the day. She only comes 3 days a week, so the other day was a day she doesn't attend. It was so quiet and the kids were getting along so well. It seemed like we were missing several kids. Then I realized why!
What do you guys do to get a child out of the habit of crying SO much? I've used the, "I cant understand you when you cry" comment and everything, but it doesn't cut down on it. My patience can't take too much more of this constant 4 year old crying! It's so loud. There's enough commotion from the toddlers when they get tired and cranky. I don't need an older child to add to it! She also has this "no" thing going on. Will NOT listen when told to do something. She is obviously very spoiled. How do you deal with these types of children? I need some techniques to cut down on the whining, tatteling and crying. I know it's normal behavior for this age, but when it's constant, all day long, literally every 2 seconds...