View Single Post
Unregistered 08:40 AM 08-08-2014
A mother has a right to breastfeed her child whenever and where ever. That extends to home daycares. I consulted licensing in my state on this. So legally, she can't term or say I'm not allowed to do this. However, licensing did say that it was common courtesy to notify the daycare provider of the times I would be showing up prior to start of care. Reason for this is some moms (I don't have a problem with it) have a difficult time pumping. The girls just don't respond the same way. When I was looking for providers, I made it known that it was my wish to breastfeed over my lunch, and that I would show up around the same time everyday. There were some days where I choose to go to lunch with my husband, and I let her know this. Now there's been times where she's given him a small bottle about 30 minutes prior because he just couldn't wait. I'm perfectly okay with that.

As a parent, I have a huge issue with daycare providers not wanting a parent to show up. You are taking care of my kid afterall. How do I truly know how my child is being taken care of? There's only so much that can be gained and observed during an interview. A provider who doesn't want a parent to stop by is either a) hiding something or b) not confident in their abilities. I do not distract her or upset her routine, and I consulted her on the best time for me to stop by. We agreed that my lunch period was perfect because he takes his afternoon right after. I go by, play with him for a bit, change him, and rock him to sleep. I believe I've done everything I possibly could to make this as smoothe as possible.

Again, my reasoning for thinking about talking to the other mom was merely to see if she could relate. My son has had the gunk her son passed on for 10 days now. He's congested and has a cough making it difficult to sleep at night. We are doing all we can at home, but we're exhausted and hate seeing our little one sick again. And yes I know this other child has been sick because it's green snot..allergies don't produce green snot. Teething doesn't produce green snot. I also don't think it's fair for one child to monopolize over 50% of her time when there's 3 other children at the daycare that also need her attention.