View Single Post
Thriftylady 12:21 PM 08-11-2014
Originally Posted by Sugaree:
I'm not sure that correlating day care facilities to breastfeeding rates is altogether accurate. My decision to BF/pump this long has nothing to do with what's available at day care. The center that DS goes to allows in room nursing and also provides free formula. DS is almost 14 months old and still gets pumped breastmilk and nurses at home. The only reason I don't nurse him on my lunchbreak anymore is that he's slowly gotten on the toddlers' schedule so he's often asleep during my lunchbreak. If he's not asleep he gets very upset when I leave and wakes the small babies up, so it's better that I just don't go even though I'd love to be able to spend that time with him. It also kind of sucks that right when I stop visiting is when two new babies start who have BFing moms. It would have been nice to have someone to talk to who gets nursing.
Now I would have no problem with allowing you to come breastfeed, because you get it! You seem to understand that you are being allowed to do it and you won't cross the line to make it a problem for your provider, you are trying to be respectful. I get what you are saying about it would be nice to talk to other moms in the same boat, in fact when you are the parent of an infant, being able to talk to any adult can seem like a huge thing!