View Single Post
Live and Learn 01:22 PM 10-18-2010
I am not on any food program and my four families send in their child's lunch so I don't have to worry about throwing away food that I have paid for and prepared. I think that would irritate me honestly. here the kids get their protein and veggies first, then fruit, then salty crackers or anything that I consider borderline junk. I have never met a kid who will choose veggies over fruit. I don't even let them see their fruit until they are done with the veggies and protein!! they are all good little eaters and I can't remember a meal when they didn't get their fruit. it is nonnegotiable here....you want your blueberries, strawberries or watermelon? Eat your protein and veggie. I guess I am willing to die on this hill over food!.....the parents all say the kids eat so good here at your house...why? Because I don't negotiate with two year olds! You get what you get and you don't throw a fit. here it is normal for each kid to have something different for snack. I have only had this happen once before and I told the parents about it but one lil fella refused to eat veggie and protein at lunch...I suspect he had seen mom pack grapes- his favorite. I never gave him his fruit for lunch of course. at snack I gave him his untouched veggie and protein and he goggles it right down....never had that problem again. he is a great eater now.