View Single Post
blueskiesbutterflies 09:57 AM 02-07-2015
Tuesday night (AFTER daycare hours) I was deep frying for my family and over heated the oil. This resulted in smoking up the house and my daycare area. Then stupid me poured it down the sink which over flooded my sink in the kitchen and the daycare bathroom. I decided to close (for the first time ever in many years) due to the wet floor in the daycare room and having to clean up smoke residue. I cannot stress enough the children were NOT here and there was NO fire. However, no one was upset because I did give everyone a credit on their account. I had this infant that I have had for 5 months...plus I held the spot for 4 months without payment. THe mom dropped off yesterdday and said that the father was going to pick up at noon. She was not as friendly as before and when the dad came he did not talk but grabbed the baby and ran out the door. Well, I have been doing this long enough to realize they were not coming back. I sent an email asking her. So she writes me back saying she was looking for alternate care and had two providers she was looking into. That the baby would not be back Monday but after they decide who to take the baby then they would let me know if he will be returning. Well, that really made me mad. You CANNOT decide to try to find care and if none is found bring him back...heck no!

Her reason was that they were not informed on what happened in depth. I did inform her three different times on what happened and that it was after daycare hours and that we never cook like that during daycare hours. She then claimed that he came home with "dingy" clothes and a dark smudge on one of his socks. How can that be? I aired the whole house out for 24 hours plus I washed everything! I washed the ceiling walls floors toys blakets Etc...I am an over doing person so I did go over board washing. No other parent had an issue and said they have done the same thing.

I feel that if he did have a dirty smudge on his sock then I am sorrry for that and have NO idea how that could happen because I cleaned everything plus he is 5 months and is never on the floor!

So now, by her email I feel like she is saying I am an aweful person over this. I made a mistake, I am not perfect! I am sure I am not the only person to over heat oil! The point is I NEVER do any deep frying during daycare hours and what I do after hours when your kids are not here is NONE of your business.

Further more, I noticed she unfriended the daycare from her friends list on facebook. I have to say my feelings is hurt because I was good to her son and her. I never charged her a late fee for paying late, I have had to buy the formula and diaper and wipes when she "forgotten" to buy some. I made special handprint and finger print crafts for her and her husbands bday and holidays. And now, I feel she is saying I am a bad provider...I know i should never let anyone determine how I feel but I am really hurt over this...

What does everyone think?