View Single Post
laundrymom 10:26 AM 11-08-2010
I have 6 crock pots, lol one for each item of food for a holiday dinner and a new take and go one that clamps its lid on tight for travel (and yes, they work, dh was moving the truck after unhitching the camper, the thing tipped, laid on its side full of taco soup and didnt spill. !!)

I use them on holiday mornings, I peel potatoes, cut up, cover with water, salt, then pop in fridge night before, also google a baked oatmeal recipe,.. do it the night before,.. cook all night long and you have a good hearty breakfast to munch on thanksgiving morning.
when I get up the next morning I turn on the crock pot and get the potatoes to going, by dinner time they are ready, drained, mashed, and returned to crock pot to keep warm. I do green bean caserole in one too,.. and mac and cheese. and usually we have french onion soup, or potato soup, or something like that for our vegetarian guests. I love the bag inserts that make clean up HEAVEN!!!

for daycare I make taco soup, ham and beans, green beans tator and sausage, and stew or soup, spaghetti sauce, cheese sauce for mac and cheese, chicken and rice, chicken and dumplings, chicken and noodles, cube steak and taters, I even have ac rock pot that the base is a fry daddy and I make b and gravy, soup, anything that needs to boil, pasta type, etc... in it that would fill a normal vessel.