View Single Post
broncomom1973 12:35 PM 11-08-2010
Crock pots are great! I just wish I had more counter space, so I would be able to leave it out all of the time and then I would be more likely to use it. Last week I put quartered potatoes and 6 carrots each cut in 3-4 pieces and then placed 2 lbs cut up round steak 2x2" pieces on top of veggies and then mixed 2 cans cream of mushroom mixed with dry onion soup mix and a little water and poured over the top of the meat and cooked on low overnight. The kids ate it so well, there wasnt any left for me, lol.

I also use my crock pot for beef and noodles. I put a roast in there with some beef broth and cook it slowly until it is very tender. Then I boil some grandma noodles in beef broth. Once the noodles are done cooking, I tear up the roast into small pieces and add it to the noodles and then skim the fat off of the remaining broth in the crock pot and add it to whatever broth is left in the pot the noodles cooked in. I dont cook my noodles with too much broth initially because I dont like my beef and noodles too runny. I prefer the "sauce" to be thicker.