View Single Post
daycarediva 06:47 AM 01-08-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would talk to the parents first. Find out what they are doing at home verses what you are doing at school. If this was my child, he would have been already taken to the doctor. Just be prepared to be fired if you say he has to be in pullups. Some kids have to learn in cloth pants period. Might do him some good to run around naked get used to being dry and then apply the pants. (worked on mine had a similar issue, got him used to dry then added the clothes now he hates wet.)

My issue is I have a kid I feel I can say safely potty trained at home in underwear but at school he refuses to poop on the potty and they have put him back in diapers and given up. They If they put him in cloth he would get the hint faster, since they refuse based on claims they can't which I do not believe) He regressed at school and is now going to the toilet but not quite getting his pants and diaper off to do it. I am in the process of waiting to get him back into his old school because part of the problem is the program anyhow the all or nothing approach. The only way he gets it is cloth that loosely fits. Which the new school will allow in training pant style. I think if the parents are willing to clean up the cloth cooperate or loose a job. Mind you mine has never pooped on the potty wearing a diaper. When he does it he is completely dressed in underwear alone, naked, absolutely no diapers. He likes his privacy too.

So the basic message is if you refuse to work with the parents and terminate them, they may turn around and terminate you as well for your antics. That is what I am doing with mine as soon as his school opens up a new spot for him.
This is an old thread.

The child OP was writing about was 5 years old. I have NEVER had a child not trained at that age without a serious developmental disability. Your child wouldn't even be admitted to my program if he wasn't fully trained at that age.

It is not my job to clean up urine/feces from walls, floors, and seating areas because a non trained child comes without proper protection. It IS a safety and sanitary issue for every other child in group care.

IMHO- if a child is trained, they are trained regardless of what they are wearing.