View Single Post
krosey5 09:06 AM 04-02-2016
Originally Posted by NightOwl:
Is it worth it to keep these two kids for only two days per week when you will have to maintain your license and pay for insurance in order to accommodate them? That's my first thought.

Yes, keep your contact, holidays, sick time the same. You'll just need to adjust your rates. Right now, they pay roughly 27.50 per child, per day. That's LOW. Mine is 35 daily but there are others on the forum that charge 50+ daily. But then again, they won't be there for the full day.

If I was in your shoes, I'd probably keep the 27.50 rate because the days are so short. That would come to $110 weekly.
Thank you for replying!

Is it worth it? Ah, a question I have asked myself numerous times after agreeing. I sat down & figured my weekly expenses. If I reduce rates much, my profit won't be great (of course expenses should drop slightly with less days/hours). So, no, pay wise definitely not. I just feel bad & want to help. Emotions, eh, they suck.

I actually do not have to maintain my license. Since I will only be caring for this family I can go exempt. However, my license is good until 2018 & my rep suggested leaving it until then & letting her still pop in for visits. I don't see the harm in that. Plus, I don't believe I can carry business liability insurance w/o a valid license. I may be wrong. I thought of letting the insurance go, BUT....I just want to be protected in some way. As much as I love this family & they say they love me, we all know things could turn quickly if GOD forbid anything ever happened.

I couldn't agree more--$27.50 is low, but it's the going rate for PT in my area according to our CCR&R.