View Single Post
LittleScholars 10:11 AM 06-22-2016
Originally Posted by thrivingchildcarecom:
One thing I would say is not so much a change or new policy but that I adapted over time, but more of a tactic. When a child gets sick at the dc, instead of calling or texting the symptoms and allowing the parent to realize they need to come and pick up their child, I tell them, "Little Johnie has a temp of over 101 and needs to be excused from the dc for the day. Please pick him up in a hour."

I really don't have time for the whole back in and forth. If there is a symptom that meets the criteria under my illness policy, then they must go. THAT'S IT!

Oh and one more thing; When I do excuse someone I send them home with an Illness Exclusion Form that details my policy as well as what conditions and when they are allowed to return to the dc. If you would like a copy of the form, just send me a pm with your email. I would love to share it.
This is form is so smart! I'm going to PM you for a copy if that's OK. The families I have right now are wonderful about illness, but not because of anything I'm doing! Families often text me to remind them of the exclusion list. It is in their handbooks, but I suppose since that is a thick document they come to me first.