View Single Post
Unregistered 10:29 AM 10-23-2016
Originally Posted by Febby:
I'd like to know that too. Because even in the crummy centers I've worked in, I've never seen anyone intentionally cover up a bite (or other injury). I don't doubt that it would, though, unfortunately.
I've worked in a center and I've seen a broken arm be covered up and sexual abuse. Neither was done by an adult, but both happened from other children because the adults weren't watching the children. The arm happened because the woman in charge of the room, I don't have enough respect to call her "teacher", went to the outdoor area and turned her back to 11 3 year olds as she talked on cell phone. She was still on her cellphone as my class came out. One of her kids was crying and no one did anything because "it's not my class" and he was a difficult, and I think misdiagnosed special needs, child. I went up to him and saw his arm was broken. I went to her, and she was still on the phone, and told her this. She went with her normal routine which was lie and deny. I called the director and nothing happened and they lied to the parent. The child was taken out, because he told the mom what happened. Next incident, same lady, during nap, she sat in the kitchen area and ate her food. At time, she had like 25 students. They could be with one adult during nap. Anyway, one of the children got up and got naked and start touching themselvs. This was all caught on the security cams we had. Besides that, many children went home and said "Jane was naked". Police were involved and I quickly quit after that. I do remember telling the police, as they claimed it wouldn't go back to my boss, I've spoken about the adult and she should be fired she is very neglectful. The report was even listed on the state's website for the daycare as it is public info. I couldn't understand why they wouldn't fire her. IMO, you go to the director once. When nothing is done and you witness it, go to the authorities.