View Single Post
childcaremom 11:29 AM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

The "comfortable" situation I live in where I terminate kids that don't "fit" into my program isn't all sunshine and rainbows contrary to what you may think.

Yes, I've termed kids that were badly behaved or didn't fit before with NO back up plan, NO wait list, NO interest from potential families and NO idea how I would pay my mortgage or put groceries in my cupboard.

Yes, I've termed kids who's parents were badly behaved or didn't pay when I hardly had 2 pennies in my pocket or had milk in the fridge 3 days past it's expiration date.

Yes, I've termed kids and parents that don't mesh well with my program and never let money play a role in that decision.

bolded part = me right now

I've gotten better at choosing families and being pickier but I am currently in the position of having just termed one family and deciding against signing another. Also, refusing to take on clients, even though I need the money desperately because I knew they would not be good fits. For the reasons above. I refuse to "parent" the children in my care. I refuse to deal with parents on a daily basis who stress me out. I can't do it. I've tried. I can't. That's my hard limit.

It is frustrating and it is difficult. You've gotten good advice.