View Single Post
jen 08:27 AM 12-14-2010
Originally Posted by adla:

That's just cruel and irresponsible.
LOL! Seriously? OK..I don't have my children "chipped" either, but cruel and irresponsible? Let's try to get some perspective.

Cruelty? Let's take a moment to remember all the children who will be beaten and abused this year, who won't have enough to eat, will live in poverty, isolation, and hunger. Let's remember those who live in underdeveloped countries infested with disease and dirty water.

Irresponsible? How many children will get left in the car this Holiday season while Mommy runs in to throw a fiver in the slots? How many parents will spend their money on smokes, while their kids don't have gloves or school supplies?

Let's try to get a grip, shall we? You may not realize this, but when you call good and loving parents, whose biggest faults are being over-protective, cruel and irresponsible, your are being a bit irresponsible yourself.

Sorry for the rant, but this whole idea that we are going to damage our children beyond beliee because they hear the word no, get a spankinking, or in this case, are over-protected is making me nuts.