Thread: 20 Minutes
View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 05:41 AM 11-29-2017
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Thanks to both of you. Yeh, it's frustrating. We went outside yesterday, he fell asleep on the way back in, in the stroller, stayed asleep while transferring him into the crib, but when I went to take off his jacket, his eyes opened and he was completely awake. His mom came at lunchtime to nurse him, he was exhausted, filled with good food, completely content, and pretty much asleep when she tried to place him in the crib when she left. But as soon as his little legs hit the crib, his eyes popped open and he smiled and that was it. Wide awake for the rest of the day!
He's really a great baby, very social, can entertain himself with toys as long as he's not overly tired, but doesn't seem to want to miss a thing.
The dr. told dcm that when he's ready for a nap, place him in the crib almost asleep, if he cries, to pick him up and settle him back down then put him in the crib again, each time. I could do that all day long.
Yesterday afternoon, I knew how exhausted he was so I dimmed the living room, got the dcks busy in another room, placed baby in his crib after rocking a bit and calming down. He started screaming. Couple more times of that and I finally gave up, brought him in with us, placed him in his bouncer and he was just fine, as long as he was with us. If he was the only dck here I could sit and rock him all day long. But I can't.
It's the worst having a baby who won't sleep. Even worse if they're a screamer. That's why I finally gave up on putting mine in the pack n play. He just wasn't having it and with other kids to tend to, I didn't have all day to go back and forth trying unsuccessfully to calm him down and get him to sleep. Praying and sending out happy thoughts that your little one sleeps better today!