View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 06:43 AM
hwichlaz's Avatar
hwichlaz hwichlaz is offline Member
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Posts: 2,050

You can't skip straight to a large without first having a small for a year, or working at another daycare. You have to prove you have childcare experience.

Now, profitability is going to depend on where you live.

I live in Lake County. My rates are on the high side of average. And the additional 4 kids I could get with a large license would just barely cover an assistant when you figure in worker's comp, payroll taxes, etc. In fact, it might put me in the red on those four additional kids. In other areas of California, where the rates are higher, I'd be able to afford to pay someone...but how much would depend on the area.
Reply With Quote