View Single Post
CreativeDays 07:05 PM 01-07-2019
Wow, quite a response. Thank you, everyone, for your insights.

I haven't mentioned my licensing status in my ad. Only that I'm not currently accepting state payments. I've had a few people specifically ask, and I've told them I am license exempt due to my small group status. I didn't intend to ever have a large group and I can watch 3 littles at a time, not including my own. I decided to do this because my son was constantly getting sick at the large center (the only place I could find space and didnt adhere to a strict sick policy) which was stressful, hard on us both and really defeated the purpose of taking him there to try to hold down a job.

Being legally unlicensed is not the norm, but space at most of the other licensed facilities/centers is packed and at a premium.

For registered families, you can only have 2 under 24 months (mine is 18 months), including your own child. That doesn't technically apply to me right now, but if I want to become licensed, it will. I am a very conscientuous person, and trying to follow best practices. That is why I am looking for ages 2-5 years. I may decide to pursue licensing but right now, money is a factor to jumping some final hoops such as paying to have a landline telephone in my home. I am barely getting by at the moment and struggling with the bills/rent I already have. So seeing as how it was not required for my goal of 3 littles, I haven't pusued it completely. I have my CPR/first aid card, food handler's, and state required courses completed.

About the mom group and feeling a bit unwelcome there, The admins have deleted my postings about my childcare and I even had 1 person attack my chosen profession saying something along the lines of daycare being "nuts."
Nanny share appears to be becoming very popular here now, which is something I didn't anticipate.

My apartment was recently remodled, which is pretty rare around here. A lot of places look pretty old. I don't believe lead to be a factor. I don't have peeling paint. My son has been tested for lead and his levels are normal. Also, I have always used bpa free bottled spring water for consumption purposes.

I believe my apartment to be ballpark 600 square feet. Plus outdoor area which includes a porch and extends out a couple feet further to a tree line. I am utilizing all of my apartment for care. The bedroom is a napping space.

It is cosmetically not run down. Its a very small privately owned complex with good maintenance. I live near a university and most of my neighborhood is student housing. There aren't any other small children in the neighborhood.

I am walking the children to the park around the back of a neighboring apartment complex and away from any busy street.

I believe I may have lost 1 prospective after discussing my trial period, so likely behavioral issues there.

I think this answered all of the questions...

Thanks erveryone.