View Single Post
QualiTcare 05:42 PM 01-07-2011
Originally Posted by mugglegirl:
How is she being deceptive with her lingo?? Just because she TEACHES children out of her home, it doesn't mean she's not really teaching them.

Your attitude towards the whole situation just further proves that point that society and apparently Jo-Anns sees licensed/registered/accredited childcare providers as nothing more than glorified BABYSITTERS. The fact that we plan a curriculum and activities (just like the "real" teachers in a "real" school) doesn't seem to matter. It's all in one person's opinion of what makes a teacher. And the fact that anyone who chooses to homeschool there child is considered more of a teacher than a provider who is essentially "homeschooling" several children is preposterous.
i wasn't referring to that one post in particular, but over a period of time.

i've been both a child care provider and a teacher and the job descriptions are not "just alike."

furthermore, i've said it since the beginning, but nobody responds - i don't think the issue is that "anyone who chooses to homeschool "there" child is considered more of a teacher than a provider." i think the issue is that public schools, private schools, and parents who homeschool are not doing it for a PROFIT.

let's just pretend i didn't say that...again.