View Single Post
QualiTcare 11:07 AM 01-08-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
geez QCare, you are pretty passionate about this. Got a side job with Joanne's? LOL!
yeah, i am! apparently, several people are, but i'm ALMOST the only one with an opposing view. personally, for the zillionth time, i don't think it has jack to do with status. i think it has to do with the fact that providers are business owners and can write off the items as an expense.

secondly, i'm a teacher, and it's annoying enough that this is one of the only professions in the world where when you tell someone what you do for a living, they follow up with 10 more questions to clarify BECAUSE the word "teacher" has been abused so badly by childcare providers who aren't proud enough of their own profession to say, "I'm a CHILDCARE PROVIDER!"

when someone says they're a doctor, you don't have to say "a doctor, doctor?" when someone says they're a lawyer, you don't have to ask, "a lawyer? like one who passed the bar?" you get the point.

now, THAT's not enough. "we deserve the same benefits, too! all of them! down to a measly discount at ONE singled out store!" it just irritates me because i see so many providers online make snide remarks about how good teachers have it and how easy their jobs are, blah blah blah. but then they turn around and call themselves teachers, gripe about wanting the "respect" teachers get, and i'm sure wouldn't mind having teacher's support for this little "cause."

it's actually pitiful now that i think about it. but what the heck, at least there's some publicity coming from all of this!