View Single Post
Unregistered 09:50 AM 09-15-2019
I am a former daycare provider and two of my children also have sensory integration issues. So I do understand the struggle on both sides. However, if the parent is honestly only feeding their child captain crunch and crackers that blows my mind. How is the child getting his nutrition? Does he drink a nutritional supplement or anything? I would think he would have to be on pediasure or something if he honestly eats zero protein and nothing but sugary cereal. Is he under a dr.'s care for this? Craziness...anyway, do you have a no food from home policy written in your contract? If so, I would just enforce that. If it is seriously a sensory issue and not just a lack of parenting then maybe you could come up with a compromise. Like, would you be willing to serve him the same meal offered to everyone else, but add a couple whole grain crackers? Or if he does drink a nutritional drink at home, could they bring that to be served in place of his milk/water during meal times?
I have a child who used to eat peanut butter, yogurt, whole grain crackers/cereal, & 4 fruits. I totally get the struggle as a parent with a child who gags over textures. But I worked with an OT to figure out how to help my child. If your dck is that extreme he needs to be in feeding therapy or working with a professional to help him reach a healthy level with his eating.
I'm so sorry you're dealing with that.