Thread: New Baby
View Single Post
Jo123ABC 01:00 PM 03-02-2020
I don't really have official requirements at that age. It's trial and error for me. I'd probably say no if they couldn't take a bottle though. I also only sleep them in pack n plays on back. I do a sleep permission form for anything in the crib a parent wants limiting them to pacifier and one thin blanket. My state allows swaddling until an infant becomes mobile so I will allow swaddling until 3-4 months or whenever they start rolling. I usually don't use pacifiers and haven't had a problem with that even if they use them at home just because they're a pain and they're gross in a daycare setting. I don't say anything to parents about it though. Just a personal preference that doesn't really affect anyone in the end anyway. I start trying a sleep schedule at about 4 months. 9/9:30-10:30 in the am for nap. 1/1:30 to 3:30-4 in the pm however long they need in the pm but I will push at least 1.5-2 hour nap in the pm or I'll have a crabby baby at closing time. No one wants to have a baby fussing at pick up.