View Single Post
nannyde 05:30 PM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by janarae:
Nebs are a piece of cake, particularly if the child can sit on their own. You can even put them in a high chair to do it. She can ask for a mask that goes around his head so you wouldn't even have to hold it for the child. Easy! But I do understand your concerns about the payment. It would be hard for me to know what to do.
Sure they are easy if nothing goes wrong. It's the day something goes wrong when it's not so easy after all.

Medication given by inhalation are VERY serious medications. The provider needs to understand the medication, the importance of properly adminstering them as ordered, the knowledge of when to administer the medication if there is a window of time and an "as needed" decision, AND the very serious side effects of each medication.

I don't feel comfortable doing them in my setting. If a provider feels they are easy peasy and doesn't have a lick of problems with them then the kids who need them need to go to that provider. That's not me I don't have the luxury of not knowing the seriousness of these medications.