View Single Post
E Daycare 05:55 PM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Are you saying that because the child is now deemed an asthmatic that the state will pay for the child's day care? I guess I don't get how the breathing machine makes her qualify for free day care???? If the parent was able to get a diagnosis that qualifies her for special needs fuding then are you sure it's not to be given in ADDITION to the fee they pay and the Mom is just SAYING that the money they give is to BE the fee? In other words the Mom is saying the money that you get from the State is to go to the regular day care fee instead of it going to the provider for the special needs care?

The Mom may WANT it to go for the regular day care rate but that doesn't mean that is what the money is intended for. I would find out directly from the State if they are paying the fees for the special needs care and whether or not the parents are to continue to pay their regular fee. If you got extra State monies on TOP of their fee it may be more worth it.

Think of it like this: If it's a big enough deal that it enables the parent to get special funding because of it then it's a big enough deal for YOU to get special funding because of it. It works both ways. It doesn't make sense that the State recognizes the child is entitled to funding but none of the "special" of it actually goes to the provider who is doing it?
Hmmmm good points! Dcm mentioned that if I was to administer these treatments in while dcg was in my care then im no longer considered a regular caregiver but something else. Cant remember actually what she called it. She said then the state will write off the days of care I administer the treatments. If/when the dcm says I need to start doing this, Im going to require a doctors note with the doctors information.