View Single Post
dEHmom 06:00 AM 03-22-2011
I just responded to another thread about this....

Honestly, I had same problem, and he realized within 2 days that it wasn't working, so now he plays really well, and entertains himself when needed.

When he first wakes up, he follows me around crying, but after a few minutes, he realizes it's not working once again. Sometimes he does it when I leave a room, and as long as I talk to him, he's fine with it.

If you stop and play with them, or pick them up, they won. Just so you know, and they know that crying gets them attention. Even if it's not to be picked up, they still know you are going to come and play with them.

Some kids will figure it out first day, some might take weeks, weeks is still better than months on months.

it's much much better to have parents work with you. So advise them to just ignore the problem, when the child calms down for several seconds, then you can go over and play with them, talk to them, etc. NEVER pick the baby up when they are crying just for attention, if it's because they are hurt, or something else is upsetting them that is completely different. If mom and dad don't work with you, then it makes it take a little bit longer, but soon the child will figure out that mom and dad will do it but not you. So you may see the behavior a little longer, and once in a while, but they know who will and won't respond to it.

I disagree with the carrier. The baby is far to old to be lugged around like that all day. And the baby needs to learn to crawl, walk, etc. Sitting in one of those for the majority of the day is not encouraging development.