View Single Post
Unregistered 10:50 AM 03-24-2011
I can remember when my DD was in daycare and those were long days. Long commutes are the worst. She was in daycare from about 7:15am until about 5:45pm, Monday through Friday. It couldn't be helped at the time. The alternative was not working and trying to scrape by on my husband's income alone. That was not going to be a viable option because we had too many expenses at the time. I think that we made the best decision possible for our family at the time. Do I wish that I would have had more time with her? Yes, but in the long run it would have created a lot of financial problems.

As far as public assistance goes, there are people who abuse it and there are people who don't abuse it. It's a sore spot for me because I have sisters who have managed to turn public assistance into a way of getting by without working. It's especially difficult when one of my sisters acts like she's the World's most loving mom because she was there for her kids. I have had to learn that not all people on assistance are like my sisters, but it is a work in progress. It takes time.