View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:00 AM 09-02-2010
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I feel vindicated today!!! I started watching a 2mo old baby (now he's 5 mo) full time- then I told the mom it would not work out full time b/c of issues I had with her. Now I am just a backup provider. She has questioned EVERY policy in my contract; and I have a very standard contract. She even called me one day out of the blue & wanted to make sure I would never forget her son in the hot car. Basically she wanted to control everything and was never happy. She was expecting a nanny more than a daycare provider. Well, she has been gloating that her son will finally have a daycare center near her work & saying how excited she is for him to begin. I felt like she was basically telling me my service was inadequate and the new service would be better. Well, today was her son's first day at this daycare center, and she is already very unhappy! "All the babies were crying... thank GOD my son was not one of them... he came after breakfast time & they refused to feed him his oatmeal..." I feel so vindicated! Finally she realizes that it's NOT just me... that you have to give up some control when you bring your child to daycare, and follow their rules & schedules, not your own. Now she's looking for an in-home nanny, which is good b/c that's exactly what she needs.
Good for you!! It'll be a wake up call for her and maybe now she'll appreciate you all the more and not take you for granted!! I love happy endings!