View Single Post
DaisyMamma 07:28 PM 10-19-2012
I STARTED daycare to be with my kids and now my 3dd goes to preschool 4 days a week because it is far too much for me to handle. Btw, she is an angel at preschool.
I can sympathize.
I started daycare to make extra cash and be with my kids when my youngest was just born. My older one had a hard time sharing but overall did good. She can still be a bit bossy, but its not just with daycare kids.
My youngest is a whole other story, now at three years old and my daycare is booming. I'm full. My oldest is SA, the younger one doesn't want to share, pushes, hits, bites, pulls hair, says mean things - you name it, she does it. She bit a new DCB TODAY.
Im so far into the business now that I make more $ than dh. I can't just quit, but its sooooo not what I was initially trying to do. I wanted to be with my kids. On the upside I'm using a sub a couple times a week and take my kids out for alone time with me.

Anyway, the point is that you have to be on top of your own kids at ALL times. Constant redirection, time outs, etc. It is very very exhausting. I've lost a dcg because of dd's aggression and I don't blame them.
Keeping toys separate for after daycare hours helps. Calling daycare toys daycare toys and their own toys in their bedrooms.