View Single Post
LysesKids 05:26 PM 09-10-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
I should have read that you were in Canada before posting. I can see not needing to get licensed when you can have 5 children without it. I wouldn't bother either then but from your standpoint of possibly not being able to get clients is it worth it in regards to helping you get clients? Is there a referral list of licensed daycares or anything that would help get your business out there in the public eye? Then I would maybe consider it, you can always drop it later after you get clients in the door.

I just don't see the mailing list thing being an option if you aren't ready to open? Even if you are flooded with calls of interest it sounds like this isn't something you are planning on jumping into right away. As for being a male there isn't much you can do, people are either going to be okay with it or not.
Exactly; don't offer something you aren't ready to do at a set time... when I moved to a different state, I specifically stated when I would be open & where; of course there was a kink in my plans & 2 weeks before I was to open it was discovered I had to move again last minute (black mold in the rental)... lost all but one client that had pre-signed. Took 4 months to get 3 more families after that fiasco