View Single Post
laundrymom 09:13 AM 11-03-2011
Rofl at #6. Lol
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
1.What type of education beyond highschool is needed to own your own daycare and how much does it cost on average?

None. You just need to be 18 yrs old and be able ot pass a criminal background check. You also need Infant/child CPR and 1st Aide courses.

2.What is the staring salary, salary after 10 years, and salary after 20 years(on average)?

Starting salary is dependant on rates you charge and expense you have. My first year, I operated at a loss. Now at the 20 year mark, I am the family breadwinner.

3.What kind of retirement plans are there if any?

(is that an answer? )

4.Is there any heath care plans?

See answer for #3

5.How many hours do you work a day on average? What is the environment like?

I work on average 50-60 hours per week. The environment is loud, chaotic at times, messy and full of people who are less than 4 ft tall.

6.Is there any wear and tear on the body and mind? Explain.

I am physically drained after each day and wonder often why it is I do not drink (alcohol)

7.How well is your job security?

see answer to #3

8.What are your opinions about the job (good and bad)?

I personally love being my own boss. I love that I am the one in control of how successful (or not) I am. I love the flexibility daycare offers me. When my children were young, I loved that I was available for them.

The bad parts have become few and far between due to the length of time in business and all the lessons learned the hard way.

9.Do you wish you could do something else or are you happy with your career?

I wish I could do something else IN ADDITION to child care. There are not enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do.

I wouldn't give up working in the field but do have hopes and dreams of doing things a bit "differently".