Thread: Infant Got Hurt
View Single Post
Meeko 12:56 PM 01-25-2012
My opinion is that you should pay the fee, but then sue to get it back. Let the provider know that.

It shouldn't be a problem if the injuries are as severe as you say and you can PROVE it happened at day care.

Your problem is going to be proving it happened at day care. Hopefully you took photos right away.

Even so, it can be difficult.

In this case, it sounds like the parent is in the right, but not always so.

I once had a mother who would pick up her 2 year child and then drive very fast up my road, which is a private road with speed bumps. A police officer lives at the end of the road and told me he was tired of seeing her fly over the bumps and was ready to pull her over.

The mom came and picked up her happy, healthy child. He was grinning ear to ear when she arrived.

She called me when she got home screaming "What happened to my son?" She told me he started screaming on the way home and his tongue was injured badly.

I reminded her that he left happy and not a sign of blood (she told me it was bleeding badly)

She told me she was going to contact the authorities, sue me for abusing her son etc etc.

A letter came from her lawyer accusing me of neglect etc. It went on to say that for a payment of $5000 the mom would drop the law suit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called and told him to shove it where the sun doesn't shine and that I was positive her son bit his own tongue as she flew over the speed bumps....and that I had a law enforcement officer willing to testify that she regularly drove like a maniac. There was a long pause on the other end of the phone.

I never heard from them again. But this shows how one sided the story can be. I am sure that mother could have come on here and told how her son was badly injured while in care etc etc.

I am NOT calling you a liar. I'm just saying it can be hard to tell from one side of the story.

I would pay her and then contact a lawyer and move forward accordingly.