View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 11:23 AM 05-06-2014
I was thinking about this in my head for a bit and the following scenario came to mind ..
PD - "This is _____ Police Department.
ME - 'Hi, I'd like to make a report. A woman blocked my car as I was picking a child from school today and she was yelling at me"
PD - "What was she yelling you about?"
ME - "I was parked in a red zone and she was angry about it and she started yelling at me and then she blocked me in .... "

It makes me think about when neighbors have issues and one comes out to yell at the other from his own property or from the street. You can report it but more than likely nothing will be done unless things get violent. Technically it could be considered freedom of speech.

In this case I have a feeling that the police may keep an eye out for her and maybe talk to her about blocking cars in which probably blocks traffic in the road or creates another safety hazard but they'll probably also suggest for you to stop parking there especially if you were already aware that she was saying something to people that parked there.

I'm assuming that the red zone there (no parking) is because of the curb. Curbs create blind spots for drivers and people puling in and out of curbs and into direct traffic can be dangerous. I would do as others suggested and call the city to ask why it is a no parking area and suggest what you need to do to make it a loading area etc.