View Single Post
Lissa Kristine 09:30 AM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
My concern here is a worker that has no authority to call parents (?) and 15 yr old staff person (??) arguing over medicating a child.

There is a lot wrong with this entire scenario.
I'm a relatively new hire; I'm still waiting on my universal fingerprinting form so I can get fingerprinted (even though I was just fingerprinted for another job in early October- unfortunately, it won't transfer over).

The center is going through some staff/ownership changes, and I'm pretty optimistic that the new owner is going to put her foot down about a lot of the regulations we aren't following (like the lack of soap and water for a two step cleaning procedure). I'm waiting for the changes to go into effect to see what happens before I jump ship. (Especially since finding work while working full time is a bit of a challenge).

DCG's fever spiked at around 11am this morning- 102 degrees. Assistant director says that mom is a lawyer and dad works far away, so parents are busy. She's down for a nap, but we are going to call if the fever hasn't broken when she wakes up. I, personally, think we should call NOW, but that's not my call.

Of course, I also think we need to tell her parents that we have two confirmed cases of strep throat in the school and that they need to have her checked for strep, and that she needs to be fever free for at least 24 hours without use of medication (meaning the earliest she should be back is MONDAY since we are closed Thursday and Friday).