Thread: Pre K
View Single Post
nannyde 11:45 AM 01-15-2011
Originally Posted by prioritizepre-k:
nannyde: you seem very passionate about the issue. Visit this site and really get yourself worked up. lol

www.investinginkids.net

This is a man who started a blog to promote his book Investing in Kids. His book was funded by NIEER/PEW. This is another attempt at rationalizing publicly funded pre-k.

Have fun

www.prioritizepre-k.com
I'll put that in the q

I found this link on your site: http://www.hoover.org/publications/books/8138

I likey Mr Finn Jr

I wish he could come to my house and see about my kids. There's an answer to this and it's not so complicated after all.

I said it before. I'll say it again:

Kids need an early childhood of close proximal supervision, excellent nutrition, free play, outdoor exercise, GOOD DEEP SLEEP, discipline, and affection. They need good CARE. If they have an early childhood of good care they will be great students. Good care CAN include "education" but it will not further them academically.

At the age of five/six the kids are ready for academics. For hundreds of years we have understood this is the age to begin their "education". Nothing has changed with this generation of students. They aren't more evolved at two/three/four then they were a hundred years ago. You can't cheat mother nature. We are humans and human babies and toddlers don't prosper from early "education". They prosper from good care in the areas I listed above.

We HAVE to get back to the basics. We aren't doing better after a couple of decades of "early education". We are failing our children because we aren't supporting what REALLY matters in raising quality kids.